Our teachers, DECEs, and support staff have been back in the classrooms for the past several days getting ready for a new year of learning! Soon thousands of our students will stream through the doors of their schools.
The key word for this first week of school is “patience”:
- patience while driving, to ensure everyone’s safety
- patience with teachers as they get to know their students
- patience with parents as they send their little ones off – many for the first time
- patience with administrators as they juggle fluctuating student numbers
- patience with bus drivers learning new routes
- patience with our students as they re-adjust to school routines
Back to school is the most stressful and exciting time of the school year for everyone. A well-timed deep breath now and again will help us all get through it.
from Colin Carmichael: AMDSB Trustee Candidate for NW Huron https://ift.tt/2LT7Abz